Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers' Day?

My poor, long-suffering husband... He had quite a rough Fathers' Day:

M woke up several times last night, and at about 3am we brought her into our queen size bed. (For those who don't know us, K is 6'2" and I'm 5'10" - add a 3ft, 30 lb toddler and the bed is crowded, to say the least...) About 5am M woke up needing to go to the bathroom. K said "I'll take her," and the next beat I heard a THUD - he had fallen out of bed like a log, luckily missing the boxes and the bedside table next to his side of the bed, and luckily with M landing on top of him. He said it was one of those super slow falls... he knew exactly what was going to happen, he was just powerless to stop it - HILARIOUS (since everyone is ok)

Later, we had eaten lunch at the mall and were walking to the car, M on K's shoulders, when M had a sneezing attack... With the third sneeze, I could see boogers fly - K says in a completely deadpan voice, "I have boogers in my hair." I replied, super cheery, "Happy Fathers' Day!"

We love you, K!

1 comment:

Sandra Bird said...

Well, all I can say is that boogers are cheaper than hair gel!Maeve is just doing her part to balance the family budget!! Go, Maeve!